Bark Park - Dog Park
29th Avenue behind the Recreation Center
- Open sunrise to sunset.
- Closed Wednesdays 10:00 am - 12:00 noon for cleaning.
- Enter and use the Bark Park at your own risk.
- Dog owners must be 18 years of age and may be accompanied by only one child 12 years or older.
- ALL dogs must have current rabies vaccinations and wear current tags.
- Resident Isle of Palms dogs must have and wear current City license tags.
- Spectators and children shall remain outside of the fence area.
- Owners shall clean up after their dogs using scoops provided.
- Dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
- No more than two dogs per person on any single visit.
- Owners must have one leash per dog at all times.
- Puppies four months and younger are not permitted in the Bark Park.
- The Bark Park is subject to patrol by Animal Control, IOP Police Department and Recreation Staff.
- Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed in the Bark Park.
- Professional Dog trainers may not use the Bark Park to conduct business UNLESS sanctioned by the IOP Recreation Department.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dog's and their own actions.
- No smoking, eating or drinking in the Bark Park.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the Bark Park.
- Anyone found not following the rules will be asked to leave the Bark Park.
- Animal Control will be called to collect any unattended dogs and appropriate actions will be taken.
- SC Law Requires all dog bites to be reported to the Isle of Palms Police Department. Call 911 for emergencies. Call 842-886-6522 for non-emergencies.
- The Isle of Palms Police Department regularly patrol and have jurisdiction over Recreation grounds.
Isle of Palms Police Department Non-Emergencies 843-886-6522
Isle of Palms Recreation Department 843-886-8294