Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA)
A team of assessors from CALEA will arrive on November 28, 2016,to examine all aspects of the Isle of Palms Police Department’s policy and procedures, management, operations, and support services. As part of the On-Site Assessment, agency employees and members of the community are invited to offer comments at a public information session Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. or by calling (843)256-5560 on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 between the hours of 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. The public information session will be conducted in the City of Isle of Palms Public Safety Building Training Room, 30 JC Long Boulevard, Isle of Palms, South Carolina 29451.
- October 13, 2017 - The City approved an amendment to the contract with Ashridge/Lake Moultrie to extend the scope of the emergency berm repair work to 202 Ocean Boulevard through 522 Ocean Boulevard.
- October 10, 2016 - The City has identified four locations where dune damage is critical and structures are threatened as a result of Hurricane Matthew. These locations are Beachwood East/4, 5,& 6 Dunecrest Lane, Grand Pavilion, Seascape and Ocean Club Building 1. The City has executed an emergency contract under OCRM’s Emergency Order, to perform emergency berm repair by pushing sand back up to vulnerable structures at these locations.
- October 10, 2016 - The City awarded an emergency contract to Coastal Science and Engineering to perform a post-storm survey of the beach to document the changes resulting from the storm and to supervise berm restoration.
- October 9, 2016 - The City has made a request to the National Guard for assistance in restoring the primary dune system throughout the full length of the island.
- Social Media Announcements, October 10 - 12, 2016.
- Social Media Announcements, October 9, 2016
- Press Release, October 9, 2016
- Social Media Announcements, October 8. 2016
- Press Release, October 8, 2016
- Social Media Announcements, October 7, 2016
- Windshield Damage Assessment October 8, 2016 as of 2:30pm
- Addendum Damage Assessment
- Social Media Announcements, October 6, 2016
- Press Release, October 6, 2016.
- Social Media Announcements, October 5, 2016.
- Press Release 2, October 5, 2016.
- Press Release, October 5, 2016.
- Press Release, October 4, 2016.
- Social Media Announcements, October 4, 2016.
- Charleston County Emergency Management Department
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- South Carolina Evacuation Routes
- Open Shelter Locations
Sign up here to take a South Carolina approved course to complete your online Boating safety education.