Business Licenses

ShoppingHow to obtain a City of Isle of Palms Business License

Residential Home Builders must present a South Carolina state card. Commercial, Non-Residential General Contractors must present a South Carolina state card.  Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors must present either a state license or a Charleston County license. The contractor must have a tested license. Painters, carpenters, flooring, concrete, and all other contractors must present a card demonstrating they are registered with the state of South Carolina. According to state law, anyone contracting for $200 or more of work must be registered. Applications for registration with the are available in the City of Isle of Palms Building Department.

Public Notice

Business license renewal notice to all businesses located or doing business in the city of Isle of Palms.

The City of Isle of Palms business license renewal applications were mailed on Wednesday, December 16, 2015.  Business owners have until Friday, April 29, 2016 to submit payment to the Business License Office without a penalty.

Beginning Monday, May 1, 2017, business owners will be assessed a 5% penalty each month the fee is not paid.  Businesses operating without a current Isle of Palms Business License may also be subject to criminal prosecution.  Failure to receive a business license renewal letter does not relieve business owners of the responsibility of paying the business license fee.

If you have any questions, please contact the Isle of Palms Business License Office at (843) 886-9912 or come by City Hall located at 1207 Palm Boulevard, 1st Floor, Isle of Palms, South Carolina 29451 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Business License Application

A sandy path leading to the beach.