FREE Beach Reach Shuttle Returns
Beach Reach returns on May 27, 2023! Starting Memorial Day weekend, you can #RideCARTA to the Isle of Palms! Hop on the Beach Reach Shuttle at Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and park for FREE -- or connect via CARTA Routes 40/42 -- to be dropped off steps away from the sand!
The seasonal park-and-ride shuttle will tie-in directly to the existing CARTA system at stop No. 715, a sheltered amenity located near the Belk Men’s store. Connections to Route 40 Mount Pleasant and Route 42 Wando Circulator will be available. The on-island Beach Reach stop is located at the 14th Avenue and Ocean Boulevard beach access path.
Beach Reach Shuttle Schedule
- Weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Runs about every hour starting at 9:15am on Saturdays with the last trip from the beach at 5:30pm.
- On Sundays, the first trip is around 9:40am and the last trip from the beach is at 5:55pm.
NOTE: Heavy traffic volumes may impact schedule. Download the Transit app to plan your trip and/or track the shuttle for real time arrival info. The app is available in the App Store and Google Play. Visit: ridecarta.com for more details.
For safety issues, passengers are limited on what can be brought on board the vehicle.
- All drinks must be in a spill-proof container or they will not be allowed on board the bus. A simple cup with a lid is NOT sufficient, it must be spill proof.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Limited bags and large items: Riders are allowed to bring up to four regular shopping-sized bags. All items must be able to be loaded onto the bus in a single trip (Ex. passengers are not allowed to board the bus, drop items at a seat and return outside to gather more items).
- Riders are welcome to bring beach equipment on board the bus; however NO large, bulky items allowed, including but not limited to: tents, large beach umbrellas, surf boards, etc. Items such as chairs, small umbrellas, boogie or body-boards and coolers are allowed but must adhere to other rules listed here.
- Beach equipment allowed – must be able to be held by riders or stowed safely beneath the seat. Items at NO TIME may block the aisle or prevent seats from being used by other passengers.*
- Shoes/flip-flops, pants/shorts and a shirt are required while riding the bus. Cover-ups are also acceptable.
- If you, or anyone in your party is wet, please have a towel or mat to sit on.
- Bikes should be placed on the bike rack in the front of the bus — bikes are not allowed on board the vehicle.
- No eating or *drinking while on board. **You may drink from a spill proof cup. (Reminder: Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on all CARTA vehicles).
*Skip the hassle of packing and dragging ALL your beach gear – Affordable equipment rentals available on-site.