Depending on the type of project, certain inspections will be required. It is the responsibility of the contractor/owner to request an inspection at the correct time. Inspections are conducted Monday- Friday 10:00am-4:00pm. The following list includes typical inspections performed on residential construction; however, the building inspector may require additional inspections. Contact the inspector at (843)886-9912.
- Footing-trenches and rebar (inspection prior to pouring concrete).
All trees 8" or larger must be barricaded prior to inspection.
- Concrete block piers, rebar in place and separated correctly
(inspection prior to pouring cells).
- Slab-plumbing and building (inspection prior to pouring concrete).
- Sheathing, nailing and strapping (inspection prior to installing house wrap or felt to the exterior plywood). For new construction, an elevation certificate and foundation survey must be submitted prior to inspection.
- Electrical, plumbing, mechanical and gas rough-In. Each "sub" must call in his or her own inspection.
All rough-ins must be complete prior to framing inspection.
- Framing inspection
- Insulation inspection
- Finals: mechanical, plumbing, electrical and gas. All subcontractor finals first.
- Building final
- Pool bonding and final inspection-fencing, decking and alarms in place.
- For demolition of a structure, an inspection to ensure the electrical power disconnection is required prior to issuance of the permit.
- Contractors and owners wishing to have an inspection, even in the permit does not require one, may request one at 843-886-9912.