29th Avenue behind the Recreation Center
- Open sunrise to sunset.
- Closed Wednesdays 10:00 am - 12:00 noon for cleaning.
- Enter and use the Bark Park at your own risk.
- Dog owners must be 18 years of age and may be accompanied by only one child 12 years or older.
- ALL dogs must have current rabies vaccinations and wear current tags.
- Resident Isle of Palms dogs must have and wear current City license tags.
- Spectators and children shall remain outside of the fence area.
- Owners shall clean up after their dogs using scoops provided.
- Dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
- No more than two dogs per person on any single visit.
- Owners must have one leash per dog at all times.
- Puppies four months and younger are not permitted in the Bark Park.
- The Bark Park is subject to patrol by Animal Control, IOP Police Department and Recreation Staff.
- Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed in the Bark Park.
- Professional Dog trainers may not use the Bark Park to conduct business UNLESS sanctioned by the IOP Recreation Department.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dog's and their own actions.
- No smoking, eating or drinking in the Bark Park.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the Bark Park.
- Anyone found not following the rules will be asked to leave the Bark Park.
- Animal Control will be called to collect any unattended dogs and appropriate actions will be taken.
- SC Law Requires all dog bites to be reported to the Isle of Palms Police Department. Call 911 for emergencies. Call 842-886-6522 for non-emergencies.
- The Isle of Palms Police Department regularly patrol and have jurisdiction over Recreation grounds.
Isle of Palms Police Department Non-Emergencies 843-886-6522
Isle of Palms Recreation Department 843-886-8294
- Lights are provided for Recreation activities only, including youth baseball, adult softball and kickball.
- Golfing, dogs and motorized vehicles are not permitted on fields.
- Fields may not be reserved.
Hartnett Avenue and 28th Avenue.
- Courts will be illuminated 10:00 pm.
- Courts may not be reserved.
||7:00am - 6:00pm
||7:00am - 5:30pm
||7:00am - 8:00am
9:00am - 7:00pm
7:00am - 5:30pm
||7:00am - 5:00pm
||9:00am - 5:00pm
Rules and Regulations*
- Individuals must be at least 16 years old to use equipment.Children, ages 12 through 15 may use the facility with parental supervision present.
- Individuals are REQUIRED to sign in and out on log sheet provided
- Use of Cardio Room is Free and open to those visiting the Isle of Palms
- Individuals shall utilize Cardiovasular Room at their own risk.
- Patrons must clean equipment after every use
- Machines may be used first come, first serve unless a class is begin conducted by the Recreation Staff
- Please limit use of cardiovascular machines to 30 minutes when others are waiting
Appropriate athletic wear (mesh shorts, T-Shirts, tank tops, warm-ups,sweats,etc) is required for training.
No open beverage containers, food, gum, or tobacco products allowed. only sports bottles containing water or sports drinks are allowed.
*Complete Rules and Regulations are posted in the Cardio Room Facility.
- The playground has ample parking on 28th Avenue and is equipped for kids from pre-school to age 12.
- The Isle of Palms has created an environment that allows children to explore imagination, physical abilities and safety.
- The playground complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
The 18 Hole Frisbee Golf Course is set up around the Isle of Palms Recreation Department grounds. Start at the black mailbox by the bike rack and follow the red flags. The mailbox contains pencils, scorecards and course map. Equipment can be checked out at the front desk.
Due to Recreation sponsored activities the course may not be playable at times.
Sunrise to Sunset
- Play with Responsibility, have Fun, be Courteous!
- Do Not Play around people or sporting events, skip hole if necessary. At times it may Not be possible to play course.
- Frisbees available at Front Desk, players must sign out equipment.
- Tee off where the previous hole ended
- Place pivot foot where Frisbee landed and proceed
- Drive: players can step forward/follow through as long as you are not putting (within 10yrd radius of hole)
- Putting, player must keep feet planted
- Putting: Putting Hard, player must hit the tree trunk. Putting Easy, player can hit any part of the hole.
- Recreation activities have priority over gym usage.
- Call 843-886-8294 to check availability.
- Half court basketball play only!
- Closed on Sunday.
A 20 X 40 picnic shelter is located adjacent to the playground and is used for birthday parties and family picnics. However, the shelter may not be reserved.
The field is located on 27th Avenue and used for youth baseball, adult softball and kick ball.
- Lights are provided for Recreation Activities Only
- Golfing, dogs or motorized vehicles are not permitted on fields
- Fields may not be reserved
The tennis courts are located on the corner of Hartnet Boulevard and 28th Avenue.
- Courts are illuminated until 10:00 pm.
- Courts are first come, first serve.
- When someone is waiting, singles should limit play time to one (1) hour.
- When others are waiting, doubles should limit play time to two (2) hours.
- Courts are closed during Recreation scheduled tennis lessons. Signs will be posted on courts. Call 843-886-8294 to check availability.
The Library at the Recreation Department is a collection of books that Island residents and those visiting the Isle of Palms have donated.
- The library is open during normal building hours.
- There is no membership, books are loaned out on an honor system.