Commercial Film & Photography Permit
The City requires a permit for any commercial film, video or still photography shoot on the beach, beach access, public parking lots, publics right-of-way or other public property in the City of Isle of Palms.
The City will not permit any film, video or still photography that would cause an unreasonable disruption of the public’s use and enjoyment of public areas or poses health and safety risks to the public. The City may restrict or limit filming and commercial photo shoots on the beach during the summer season due to the potential of being disruptive in an already crowded beach.
- Applicants submit a Film and Photography Permit Application and pay the permit processing fee no later than 14 days.
- City staff reviews the request and considers the timing and size of the project, impact on the residential character of the island, level of City services/resources required, etc. and determines additional fees that may be required.
- If the project is determined by the City Administrator to be unobtrusive, City Administrator approves request and notifies Council.
- If the request has the potential to be disruptive or requires City services, the request will be presented to the Public Safety Committee and City Council for consideration and approval.
Requirements and Fees
- Fees will be determined by the extent of filming activities, which may require additional personnel fees from departments whose approvals and involvement may be required.
- City of Isle of Business License
- Permit holder shall hold a one million dollar ($1,000,000.00) liability insurance policy covering bodily injury, including death, and property within the City.
- "The City of Isle of Palms and its Agents" shall be named as an additional insured in said policy.
- Permit holder shall indemnify and hold harmless The City of Isle of Palms, and its employees and agents from and against any and all damages, suits, actions, or liabilities, including attorney fees, resulting from any of the activities arising under said permit.