Municipal Elections 2021
The City of Isle of Palms will hold a nonpartisan Special Election to fill the unexpired term of one (1) seat for the office of City Council Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
The last day that persons may register to be eligible to vote in this election (In Person) is March 4, 2022. (Online, email or fax deadline is March 6, 2022). If submitting a voter registration application by mail it must be post marked no later than March 7, 2022.
Voting in Person at City Hall & Recreation Center
This Municipal Election will be held under new rules for providing Photo ID at the polling place. The polls will open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the polling places:
Isle of Palms 1A
Isle of Palms City Hall
1207 Palm Boulevard
Isle of Palms 1B & 1C
Isle of Palms Recreation Center
24 28th Avenue
Precinct workers will have masks, gloves, sneeze guards, face shields, wipes, and hand sanitizer. The floor in the voting area will be marked with blue painters tape to show appropriate social distancing space. Additionally Q-Tips will be provided for voters to use when interacting with the voting machine.
In-Person Absentee Voting at IOP
Isle of Palms voters will be able to cast their ballot in person at Isle of Palms. The Charleston County Board of Elections will bring a Satellite Voting Unit for voters to cast their ballot on a machine like they would on Election Day.
The Satellite Voting Unit will be on the Isle of Palms the following dates and in the following locations:
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at City Hall, 1207 Palm Boulevard
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Friday, April 1, 2022 at the Citadel Beach Club, 4700 Palm Boulevard
Any qualified voter will be able to cast their ballot if they meet the absentee criteria.
How to Register to Vote
- In-person at the Charleston County Voter Registration Office, 4367 Headquarters Rd., North Charleston
- Online at SCvotes.org
- By email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail at P.O. Box 71419, North Charleston, SC 29415
- By phone (843) 744-8683
How to Request an Absentee Application
- By mailing a request to the Voter Registration Office, P.O. Box 71419, North Charleston, SC 29415
- In-person at the Voter Registration Office, 4367 Headquarters Rd., North Charleston
- By phone at (843) 744-8683
- By email to email@example.com
- Online at https://vote.charlestoncounty.org (Live Chat feature)