Municipal Elections 2021
The City of Isle of Palms will hold nonpartisan elections for the office of Mayor (1) and Councilmember (4) on Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Voting in Person at City Hall & Recreation Center
This Municipal Election will be held under new rules for providing Photo ID at the polling place. The polls will open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the polling places:
Isle of Palms 1A
Isle of Palms City Hall
1207 Palm Boulevard
Isle of Palms 1B & 1C
Isle of Palms Recreation Center
24 28th Avenue
Precinct workers will have masks, gloves, sneeze guards, face shields, wipes, and hand sanitizer. The floor in the voting area will be marked with blue painters tape to show appropriate social distancing space. Additionally Q-Tips will be provided for voters to use when interacting with the voting machine.
How to Register to Vote
- In-person at the Charleston County Voter Registration Office, 4367 Headquarters Rd., North Charleston
- Online at SCvotes.org
- By email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail at P.O. Box 71419, North Charleston, SC 29415
- By phone (843) 744-8683
How to Request an Absentee Application
- By mailing a request to the Voter Registration Office, P.O. Box 71419, North Charleston, SC 29415
- In-person at the Voter Registration Office, 4367 Headquarters Rd., North Charleston
- By phone at (843) 744-8683
- By email to email@example.com
- Online at https://vote.charlestoncounty.org (Live Chat feature)
In-Person Absentee Voting at IOP
On Friday, October 29, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Isle of Palms voters will be able to cast their ballot in person at Isle of Palms. The Charleston County Board of Elections will bring a Satellite Voting Unit to City Hall at 1207 Palm Boulevard for voters to cast their ballot on a machine like they would on Election Day.
Any qualified voter will be able to cast their ballot if they meet the absentee criteria.