29th Avenue behind the Recreation Center
Isle of Palms Police Department Non-Emergencies 843-886-6522
Isle of Palms Recreation Department 843-886-8294
- Lights are provided for Recreation activities only, including youth baseball, adult softball and kickball.
- Golfing, dogs and motorized vehicles are not permitted on fields.
- Fields may not be reserved.
Between 27th & 28th Avenues on Hartnett Boulevard.
- Courts are first come first serve.
- Courts may not be reserved.
- Lights available until 10:00 p.m.
- No Loitering or playing after 10:00 p.m.
|Monday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
8:00am - 5:00pm
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 2:00pm|
Rules and Regulations*
- Individuals must be at least 16 years old to use equipment. Children, ages 12 through 15 may use the facility with parental supervision present.
- Individuals are REQUIRED to sign in and out on log sheet provided
- Use of Cardio Room is Free and open to those visiting the Isle of Palms
- Individuals shall utilize Cardiovascular Room at their own risk.
- Patrons must clean equipment after every use
- Machines may be used first come, first serve unless a class is begin conducted by the Recreation Staff
- Please limit use of cardiovascular machines to 30 minutes when others are waiting
Appropriate athletic wear (mesh shorts, T-Shirts, tank tops, warm-ups, sweats, etc) is required for training.
No open beverage containers, food, gum, or tobacco products allowed. only sports bottles containing water or sports drinks are allowed.
*Complete Rules and Regulations are posted in the Cardio Room Facility.
- The playground has ample parking on 28th Avenue and is equipped for kids from pre-school to age 12.
- The Isle of Palms has created an environment that allows children to explore imagination, physical abilities and safety.
- The playground complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Play at your own risk
- No Loitering or playing after 10:00 p.m.
Recreation activities have priority over gym usage.
The Gymnasium schedule changes often to accommodate programs, classes, camps and
other activities. The following times may vary due to programming.
It would be safe to call ahead of time to see that the Gymnasium is open
Monday - Friday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM most days. Call for availability. Hours vary depending on programming
Saturday - 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM - Open gym - most Saturdays
- Visitors must check-in at the front desk before entering the gymnasium.
- Half court play ONLY (please be aware of children and others playing ping pong and/or games other than basketball).
- Swearing, fighting and other obscenities are strictly prohibited.
- Participants must wear proper attire. (shoes and shirts must be worn at all times).
- No dunking or hanging on rims.
- Misuse of equipment is prohibited.
- Rubber sole shoes must be worn.
- Black sole shoes will not be allowed on gymnasium floor.
- Kicking balls will not be tolerated.
- Put all trash and recyclables in proper containers.
- Put basketballs and other equipment in their proper locations when finished.
- Display good sportsmanship at all times.
A 20 X 40 picnic shelter is located adjacent to the playground and is used for birthday parties and family picnics. However, the shelter may not be reserved.
The field is located on 27th Avenue and used for youth baseball, adult softball and kick ball.
- Lights are provided for Recreation Activities Only
- Golfing, dogs or motorized vehicles are not permitted on fields
- Fields may not be reserved
The tennis and Pickle Ball courts are located on the corner of Hartnett Boulevard and 28th Avenue.
- Courts currently illuminated.
- Courts are first come, first serve.
- When someone is waiting, singles should limit play time to one (1) hour.
- When others are waiting, doubles should limit play time to two (2) hours.
- Courts are closed during Recreation scheduled tennis and pickle ball lessons. Signs will be posted on courts. Call 843-886-8294 to check availability.
The Library at the Recreation Department is a collection of books that Island residents and those visiting the Isle of Palms have donated.
- The library is open during normal building hours.
- There is no membership, books are loaned out on an honor system.