29th Avenue behind the Recreation Center
Isle of Palms Police Department Non-Emergencies 843-886-6522
Isle of Palms Recreation Department 843-886-8294
- Lights are provided for Recreation activities only, including youth baseball, adult softball and kickball.
- Golfing, dogs and motorized vehicles are not permitted on fields.
- Fields may not be reserved.
Hartnett Boulevard and 28th Avenue.
- Courts are first come first serve.
- Courts may not be reserved.
|Monday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
8:00am - 5:00pm
|Friday||8:00am - 3:00pm|
Rules and Regulations*
- Individuals must be at least 16 years old to use equipment.Children, ages 12 through 15 may use the facility with parental supervision present.
- Individuals are REQUIRED to sign in and out on log sheet provided
- Use of Cardio Room is Free and open to those visiting the Isle of Palms
- Individuals shall utilize Cardiovasular Room at their own risk.
- Patrons must clean equipment after every use
- Machines may be used first come, first serve unless a class is begin conducted by the Recreation Staff
- Please limit use of cardiovascular machines to 30 minutes when others are waiting
Appropriate athletic wear (mesh shorts, T-Shirts, tank tops, warm-ups,sweats,etc) is required for training.
No open beverage containers, food, gum, or tobacco products allowed. only sports bottles containing water or sports drinks are allowed.
*Complete Rules and Regulations are posted in the Cardio Room Facility.
- The playground has ample parking on 28th Avenue and is equipped for kids from pre-school to age 12.
- The Isle of Palms has created an environment that allows children to explore imagination, physical abilities and safety.
- The playground complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Play at your own risk
The 18 Hole Frisbee Golf Course is set up around the Isle of Palms Recreation Department grounds. Start at the black mailbox by the bike rack and follow the red flags. The mailbox contains pencils, scorecards and course map. Equipment can be checked out at the front desk.
Due to Recreation sponsored activities the course may not be playable at times.
Sunrise to Sunset
- Play with Responsibility, have Fun, be Courteous!
- Do Not Play around people or sporting events, skip hole if necessary. At times it may Not be possible to play course.
- Frisbees available at Front Desk, players must sign out equipment.
- Tee off where the previous hole ended
- Place pivot foot where Frisbee landed and proceed
- Drive: players can step forward/follow through as long as you are not putting (within 10yrd radius of hole)
- Putting, player must keep feet planted
- Putting: Putting Hard, player must hit the tree trunk. Putting Easy, player can hit any part of the hole.
Recreation activities have priority over gym usage.
The Gymnasium is currently unavailable for open gym basketball.
Monday - Friday
Adult Play Gym Rules:
- Must be 18 years and older
- Players will sign in as they arrive to reserve their space in the next game.
- Teams will be set-up in the order the player arrives
- Games are played 5 on 5 full court, first 10 players to show up get to play first game
- Baskets count for 1 point, 20' or longer shot counts for 2 points.
- First team to get to 15 points wins. Winning teams stays on the court.
- No team may play more than two (2) games in a row
- Winning team of 1st game played gets to play against next team waiting. Players call their own fouls. No free throws,
A 20 X 40 picnic shelter is located adjacent to the playground and is used for birthday parties and family picnics. However, the shelter may not be reserved.
The field is located on 27th Avenue and used for youth baseball, adult softball and kick ball.
- Lights are provided for Recreation Activities Only
- Golfing, dogs or motorized vehicles are not permitted on fields
- Fields may not be reserved
The tennis courts are located on the corner of Hartnett Boulevard and 28th Avenue.
- Courts currently are not illuminated.
- Courts are first come, first serve.
- When someone is waiting, singles should limit play time to one (1) hour.
- When others are waiting, doubles should limit play time to two (2) hours.
- Courts are closed during Recreation scheduled tennis lessons. Signs will be posted on courts. Call 843-886-8294 to check availability.
The Library at the Recreation Department is a collection of books that Island residents and those visiting the Isle of Palms have donated.
- The library is open during normal building hours.
- There is no membership, books are loaned out on an honor system.