Beach Reach Shuttle
Starting Memorial Day Weekend, you can #RideCARTA to the Isle of Palms! Hop on the NEW Beach Reach Shuttle at Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and park for free -- or connect via CARTA Routes 40/42 -- to be dropped off steps away from the sand!
The hourly service, which launches May 29, will provide a new connection between Mount Pleasant and Isle of Palms. Landside Beach Reach parking will be located along Market Center Boulevard in
Mount Pleasant Towne Centre. The seasonal park-and-ride shuttle will tie-in directly to the existing CARTA system at stop No. 715, a sheltered amenity located near the Belk Men’s store. Connections to Route 40 Mount Pleasant and Route 42 Wando Circulator will be available.
The on-island Beach Reach stop is located at the 14th Avenue and Ocean Boulevard beach access path.
1. Masks or face coverings are required at all times while onboard CARTA vehicles.
2. All drinks must be in a spill-proof container.
3. No alcoholic beverages.
4. Limited bags and large items: Riders are allowed to bring up to four regular shopping-sized bags. All items must be able to be loaded onto the bus in a single trip.
5. Bags and other items must be able to be held by riders or stowed safely beneath the seat. Items at NO TIME may block the aisle or prevent seats from being used by other passengers.
6. NO large, bulky items allowed, including but not limited to: tents, large beach umbrellas, surf boards, etc. Items such as chairs, small umbrellas, boogie or body-boards are allowed but must adhere to other rules listed here.
7. Coolers are welcome, but also must adhere to other rules listed here.
8. Shoes/flip-flops, pants/shorts and a shirt are required while riding the bus. Cover-ups are also acceptable.
9. If you or anyone in your party is wet, please have a towel or mat to sit on.
10. Bikes should be placed on the bike rack in the front of the bus -- bikes are not allowed on board the vehicle.
11. No eating or *drinking while on board. *You may drink from a spill proof cup. (Reminder: Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on all CARTA vehicles).