Charleston County's New Recycling Collection Operator and Schedule to Begin June 6
On June 6, 2022, Republic Services will begin collecting curbside recyclables throughout Charleston County. The county-wide change includes expanding collection days from four days a week to five days. Only specific areas will be impacted by the schedule change. Recycling collection on the Isle of Palms will continue to be on Wednesdays.
Recycling Schedule Newsletter
Recycling Pickup Changes
Confirm your pickup date by entering your address here: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/environmental-management/recnewsletter.php
Common frequently asked questions:
- Do I need to order a new cart?
Residents do not need to order a new cart. Republic will continue to service the current 95-gallon recycling carts and deliver carts to new customers.
- What type of recyclables will be accepted?
The acceptable material will stay the same including all paper, cardboard, plastic bottles & containers, aluminum & steel cans and glass. A detailed material list may be found at recycle.charlestoncounty.org.
- Who do I contact about missed pickups, new carts, cart repairs and questions about recycling?
All customer service contacts remain the same. Residents can contact Charleston County using the following methods:
- Phone: (843)720-7111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/environmental-management/index.php
- Text Citibot: 843-800-4121
- Facebook: @charlestoncountyenvironmentalmanagement
For more information on the change in collections operations: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/environmental-management/recnewsletter.php
Curbside Tips for Successful Pick-up:
- All recyclable carts must be placed curbside the night before or by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Everything must fit inside the carts in order to be collected.
- Place the roll carts curbside with handles pointed toward your home, at least three feet from other fixed objects, such as mailboxes, vehicles, trees, shrubs, fire hydrants, poles, etc.
- Recycling carts are for clean, un-bagged recyclables only.
- Items too big for your cart? Self-haul to a Convenience Center for disposal.