COVID-19 Related Changes to City Operations
The following operational changes are in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
General Government, Municipal Court, Building, Planning & Zoning
- City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Staff is working regular business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and are available via phone and email.
- No in-person payments are accepted. Contact-less payment is available through the Virtual City Hall portal.
- The free t-shirt program has been suspended until further notice.
- All permit applications, construction documents and plans must be submitted online via the Virtual City Hall portal.
- Drop-off only for paper plans, applications, submittals. A drop off box is available at City Hall, 1207 Palm Boulevard.
- Pick-up only available for approved plans and permits.
- Business license renewals are available online via the Virtual City Hall portal.
- Other essential services available online at Virtual City Hall.
Police Department, Fire and Public Works Departments
- Police and Fire Departments continue with normal operations and continue taking necessary measures to protect personnel from exposure and infection of COVID-19.
- Administrative offices are closed to the public. Walk-ins are not allowed. Please call the non-emergency number at (843) 886-6522.
- Station and vehicle tours are suspended temporarily.
- Residential and special parking permit applications must be submitted online at: https://www.iop.net/police/beach-parking
- Household garbage, yard debris and miscellaneous collection services are operating on a normal schedule.
- The Recreation Department is open.
- Summer Camp has resumed Monday, July 13, 2020.
- The Cardio Room is re-opened with limited participation during normal business hours.
- Fitness classes are available with limited participation. Citizens must sign up in advance. Call the Recreation Department at (843) 886-8294 for details.
- Meetings with staff are by appointment only. Please call the Recreation Department to set up an appointment at (843) 886-8294.
- The outside tennis and basketball courts are open.
- The Bark Park is open.
- All participants must practice social distancing and increased hand washing and sanitizing.
- If you are sick or have been around someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home.