The City of Isle of Palms boasts 7 miles of pristine beach accessible via 57 public beach access paths. The following regulations are in place to protect the beach's natural beauty for all to enjoy!
Ordinances are enforced by the Isle of Palms Police Department. The Isle of Palms non-emergency number is (843) 886-6522.
- Do not litter. Please take trash to the garbage and recycling containers found on each beach access paths. Help us keep the beach clean so that you and others may enjoy it for many years to come!
- Motorized vehicles, including golf carts, are not allowed on beach.
- Overnight storage of beach equipment, such as tents, chairs, coolers, toys, etc.,is prohibited. Personal property left unattended on the beach after sunset may be removed and disposed of.
- Sea turtles are an endangered species. Do not interfere with them in any way.
- Fill holes dug in sand before you leave the beach.
- Jet Skis and motorboats may not be operated in designated swimming areas.
- Glass bottles and alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the beach.
- No overnight sleeping on beach.
- Sand dunes are protected and fragile. Beach Sea Oats and grass help protect the dunes. Please use the designated beach access paths and help us protect our dunes.
- Fireworks and open fires are strictly prohibited.
- Dogs must be on a leash and owners must clean up after their pets. There are dog bag receptacles at most of the public beach access paths.
- Commercial business is prohibited on the beach.