IOPPD Annual Awards Banquet
On December 9, 2021, the Isle of Palms Police Department held their annual Awards Banquet at the Sweetgrass Inn hotel in Wild Dunes. During the event, Chief Cornett recognized the following accomplishments:
- Officer J Santulli promoted from Master Police Officer to Field Training Officer
- Officer J Tumminelli promoted from Police Officer to Master Police Officer
- Communication Specialist M Dawson was awarded the Professional Staff Member of the Year award
- Field Training Officer Mobley was awarded as the 2021 officer of the year (FTO Mobley’s parents accepted this award on his behalf)
- Sergeant K Thompson was awarded the 2021 supervisor of the year award.
- Certificates of merit were presented to Sgt. M. Storen and FTO J. Santulli for a lifesaving incident on the IOP Connector
- Communication Specialist / Victim Advocate K. Garcia was awarded employee of the quarter for quarter 4
- Reverend Rob Dewy of the Lowcountry Community Chaplaincy was recognized for his continued support of the officers, citizens and community of Isle of Palms
- Civic Achievement awards were presented to Lt. C. Forsythe, Sgt. M Storen and FTO J. Santulli
- Physical fitness awards were awarded to Cpl. L. Hardy and Detective A. Postell
- The education award was presented to Lt. C. Forsythe and Sgt. S. Baldrick for completion of their master’s degrees
- Bike patrol certification was awarded to Detective A. Postell, FTO J. Santulli and FTO I. Mobley
- Marine Patrol certification was awarded to Lt C. Forsythe, Sgt. M. Storen, Sgt. C. King and Ptl. D. Ambas.
The Police Department also awarded the 2021 Community Partnership Award to Dennis Mclendon of the Isle of Palms Harris Teeter for their continued support to the department and the City.