Swimming Pool Citizen Advisory Board
Residents of the Isle of Palms are invited to apply to be a member of the Swimming Pool Citizen Advisory Board. The online application is available below. The deadline to submit an application is 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2020.
Purpose of the Swimming Pool Citizen Advisory Board:
City Council formed the Swimming Pool Citizen Advisory Board (CAB) for the purpose of collecting and analyzing survey data from the community to help research, assess and evaluate the community's opinions about the need for and use of a community swimming pool at the Recreation Center. City Council's goal with the creation of the Citizen Advisory Board is to begin exploring the feasibility of constructing a community swimming pool at the Recreation Center.
Responsibilities of the Swimming Pool Citizen Advisory Board:
- Collect and analyze data from the community using a survey.
- Prepare and present a report of the findings to City Council.
- Make recommendations for next steps based on the findings.
- Other related tasks may be assigned by City Council.
- Membership is open without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, family status, veteran status, or membership in any other group protected by law in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Applicants shall demonstrate an ability to understand complex issues and respect the diversity of interests of community members.
- Applicants shall demonstrate and encourage flexibility when considering perspectives of non-participating citizens and interest groups.
- Candidates will be selected by the Recreation Committee based on ensuring that it is representative of a diversity of community members that includes neighborhood, technical, and business perspectives.
- Applicants must be available to meet at least once a month or as needed. Meetings may generally last one hour.
- Members shall be chosen by the Recreation Committee at a public meeting.
- All members shall serve without compensation.
- Failure of any member to attend three consecutive meetings; misconduct; or nonperformance of duty, may be cause for removal from the CAB by the Council.
- The CAB shall have no authority to make any expenditures on behalf of the City or to obligate the City for payments of sums of money, without prior Council approval.
- All meetings will conform to legal requirements for public meetings, including public notice and record-keeping.