City Council Highlights - August 23, 2022
August 24, 2022
The Isle of Palms City Council held its regular meeting on Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at Council Chambers in City Hall. Listed below are the highlights from the meeting:
- City Council approved three (3) events as City-sponsored:
- Operation Heal Our Heroes 5K Run/Walk on October 9, 2022
- Coastal Christian Prep school cross country race on September 28, 2022
- Beach Touch Rugby Tournament Fundraising on October 22, 2022
- City Council awarded a contract to IPW Construction Group, LLC to construct an ADA-compliant boardwalk at the 34A beach access path. The project also includes the construction of two (2) handicap parking spaces on Palm Boulevard. Construction is expected to be complete by spring of 2023.
- City Council approved entering into a Mutual Aid agreement between the Isle of Palms Police Department and the Charleston County Aviation Authority Police Department.
- City Council approved the local match commitment for two (2) grant applications for storm water infrastructure projects:
- $29,000 for permitting costs related to the piping of 41st Avenue drainage project.
- $841,000 or 20% of construction costs of storm water infrastructure at 6th and 7th Avenue, and on Charleston Boulevard between 2nd and 4th Avenue.
Ordinances & Resolutions
Chapter 1 International Fire Code
City Council approved first reading of Ordinance 2022-07 an ordinance to adopt Chapter 1 of the International Fire Code.
Hazard Mitigation Plan
City Council adopted a resolution to adopt the FEMA approved 2019 Charleston Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan and Program for Public Information Plan by the City of Isle of Palms.