In-Person Absentee Voting at IOP - October 29, 2021
October 13, 2021
On Friday, October 29, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Isle of Palms voters will be able to cast their ballot in person at Isle of Palms. The Charleston County Board of Elections will bring a Satellite Voting Unit to City Hall at 1207 Palm Boulevard for voters to cast their ballot on a machine like they would on Election Day.
Any qualified voter will be able to cast their ballot if they meet the absentee criteria.
To vote absentee, you must be a registered voter and meet one of the following criteria:
- Students, their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Members of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marines, Red Cross, USO, government employees, their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Overseas citizens
- For reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
- Physically disabled persons
- Persons on vacation
- Persons age 65 or older
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on day of election or at least four days prior to the election
- Electors with a death or funeral in the family within 3 days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Persons serving as jurors in a state or federal court on election day
- Certified poll watchers and poll managers
For more information, visit the Charleston County Board of Elections & Voter Registration website.