Tropical Storm Ian - Closures and Cancellations
9:00 a.m., September 29, 2022
The City of Isle of Palms is closely monitoring the storm and the potential impacts to our area. City Department Heads continue to meet daily to review and provide update on storm preparations, ensure buildings and facilities are secured, all necessary equipment and resources are on hand and operational, and essential & public safety personnel are on standby.
The City announces the following closures and cancellations.
- All City administrative offices will close at noon today, September 29, 2022, and will reopen on Monday, October 3, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
- Many services are available online via the City’s website at Virtual City Hall Virtual City Hall | City of Isle of Palms, SC (iop.net)
- The Recreation Center will be closed at noon today, September 29, 2022. All programs, classes and activities are cancelled or postponed.
- The Public Works Department will continue to operate their regular schedule and is prepared to begin storm debris cleanup operations after the storm passes our area.
- Police and Fire Department personnel will continue to work throughout the event. We have increased public safety staffing to enhance our capabilities to respond to calls for service.
- The IOP Public Dock at the Marina and the Public Restrooms at Front Beach will be closed on Friday, September 30, 2022.
- The IOP Connector Run and Walk for the Child on Saturday, October 1st, 2022 is cancelled.
- Citizens should avoid unnecessary travel due to possible localized flooding caused by potential heavy rainfall.
- Please remove any items around your home that could cause damage due to the potential for strong wind gusts.
- Please follow directions on traffic and message boards for road closure information and remind the public, “Turn around, Don’t drown.”
- In the event of possible flooding, citizens are asked not to drive around barricades or drive through standing water.
Important phone numbers: