Tropical Storm Watch in Effect - Tropical Storm Elsa
11:00 a.m., July 6, 2021 Update:
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for the City of Isle of Palms. Tropical storm conditions are possible in our area late Wednesday, July 7th and early Thursday, July 8th.
The National Weather Service in Charleston forecasts risk of heavy rains and flash flooding. Rain totals are predicted to range between 3 to 5 inches and winds of 15 - 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
Please follow the National Weather Service for the most up-to-date weather related information on Tropical Storm Elsa.
The City does not anticipate office closures at this time. The Recreation Center programs and activities also remain on schedule.
Public Works will continue with normal garbage collection schedule this week:
Tuesday: Breach Inlet through 30th Avenue
Wednesday: 30th Avenue through Wild Dunes
Thursday: Breach Inlet through 30th Avenue
Friday: 30th Avenue through Wild Dunes
- Water and Sewer related questions or emergencies, please contact the Isle of Palms Water and Sewer Commission at (843) 886-6148.
- Police and Fire emergencies, please call 9-1-1
- The Police Department Non-Emergency Number is (843) 886-6522
- Downed/Sparking Lines: 1-888-333-4465
- Gas Leaks: 1-800-815-0083
- Power Outage: 1-888-333-4465
Stay away from downed power lines – storms can cause tree limbs and entire trees to break and fall, sometimes taking power lines and even meter boxes down with them. Always assume any downed power line you see is live and stay away. To report a downed line, call (888) 333-4465.